What is a health home?
Health Home is a set of services available for you if you have a serious health condition and are enrolled in KanCare. Participation in Health Home services will support your well-being by providing you with a proactive toolkit of resources. These resources can lower your hospital and emergency room visits, decrease costs to you, and improve your health and overall well-being.
How health home services work?
Health home services are managed through your KanCare managed care organization and a health home partner. A care coordinator meets with you to help you set up a health action plan. The care coordinator stays in touch with you and the other organizations to make sure everyone understands what you need to stay as healthy as possible.
Health homes support you by:
- Developing a plan to guide you and your doctors and other providers
- Making sure you get the right services at the right time
- Learning about your conditions and how you can help yourslef be healthier
- Supporting you when discharged from a hospital or care facility
- Reaching your health goals with the help of your family or other helpers and caregivers
- Making sure you get other services and supports you need to stay in your home
How these services affect you?
- These services are completely free to you
- These services will help you be as healthy as you can be
- You can choose whether or not to continue participating with a health home
- Being a member of a health home doesn't change your eligibility for other services
- Being a member of a health home doesn't change your complaint and appeal rights
Do you qualify?
You can participate in a health home if you meet both requirements below:
- You are in KanCare
- You have a serious health condition, like mental illness or diabetes
For more information call Shaun Schermerhorn at 316-260-0016.