Aggression Replacement Training (ART) - Sedgwick County
An Adolescent Anger Management Program
"Aggression Replacement Training" (ART) is an evidence based, cognitive behavioral multi-concept intervention program. The theory behind the ART curriculum is that aggression is a learned behavior and chronically aggressive youth often do not have the pro-social skills needed to maintain a non-aggressive lifestyle.
ART believes these youth must be given the OPPORTUNITY to learn pro-social alternative to aggressive behaviors. The ART curriculum incorporates these separate interventions, Skillstreaming, Anger Control Training, and Moral Reasoning to alter the behavior of chronically aggressive adolescents.
- ART participants meet twice weekly, for 8 weeks, on Monday and Thursday evenings.
- Classes run from 6:00-8:00pm ART serves youth ages 12-17 years of age who are experiencing chronically aggressive behaviors and/or are currently involved with the justice system.
- A one-time $75 non-refundable program fee is required per participant.
- A new session starts every 8 weeks. You must be enrolled to attend.
- Enrollment is accepted throughout the year. To Enroll: Contact Heather Snapp, firstname.lastname@example.org or 316.269.4160